View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 04:05 PM   #27
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
What side effects are they? Like Terisa I’ve been using it for quite a while and haven’t noticed any side effect...?

EDIT: I’m genuinely interested

Also, does your new patch prevent the download of the new updated firmware, or does it delete the already downloaded firmware/tgz if you state you don’t want to update?
As for the side effects, they are more theoretical. For example, as it changes the upgrade check URL, it could cause unusual issues if Kobo ever changes how the upgrade system works. Also, there is the possible bootloop mentioned in the patch description.

My new patch uses the built-in dialog to choose whether to update. I haven't tested the exact behaviour yet, but I will later this week.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote