View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 11:22 AM   #48
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
You might be right but it *is* a consideration for many just as is the embedded user support. Amazon uses the Microsoft support model rather than the phone company model.

Phone companies would rather have users upgrade the phone so they don't typically support OS upgrades. Other Android devices are different: NVidia, for one, has supported their SHIELD streamer for three years and three OS versions with no end in sight...

And I'm not the one saying that android updating is a problem: it is the tech industry, from Google on down, saying it.
And in the end, none of that would prevent me from buying the new Nook tablet if I were in the market for a tablet and it is at least of equal quality to my old Lenovo Tab2.

If your tablet works for you and you aren't sideloading .apks from sketchy third party sources, you should continue to be fine. Updates or no.

How many people refuse to upgrade from Windows 7 or even Windows XP?
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote