View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 12:54 PM   #40
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
It is not so clear that that installing Play store will always be possible:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3772362

I would not buy a Fire tablet and assume that you could install Play, or that it will continue to work indefinitely.
Yes, I agree. I only mention the Play Store because I've learned on these forums if I make a negative comment about the Fire and DON'T mention sideloading the Play Store, I will immediately receive a comment 'correcting' my opinion.

Truth is, I just wouldn't buy a Fire tablet, period.

Quote:
On the other hand, if I were in the market for an Android tablet, it probably would not be something from B&N, given the trajectory of their NOOK division.
An Android tablet sold by B&N will continue to function if B&N went out of business tomorrow. I don't understand worrying about B&Ns longevity when discussing buying one of their devices. It's not like Android or the Google Play Store will stop functioning.

A Nook e-ink, maybe. A tablet not running a proprietary O/S? No worries.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote