View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 06:37 AM   #184
carmenchu
Groupie
carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Win7,Win10,Lubuntu,smartphone
More about hyphens

Thanks! No more issues with alt=""...
Now, I have another suggestion about hypens: in some books one finds several instances of words spelled out (maybe for added emphasis) like "r-a-t-s", or stuttered, like "p-p-please".
The Plugin will check "r-a-t-s"
Code:
HyphenRemoved=m.group(1)+m.group(2)
find "at" in Hunspell english dictionary, and return r-at-s, unless "a-t" in KeepHyphens.txt.
Now, I never found an instance of a publication with a hyphen either after or before a single letter, like w-ord or wor-d--where it grammatically sound, which I doubt, there seems to be some styling rule against it.
Thus, my suggestion: is it possble to check those m.group() for number of characters, and keep the hyphen if either is a single char?
I don't know python, is it difficult to do?
However, it makes sense to me--and, by the way, it would take care of the "I-I" special case...
Thanks again!
carmenchu is offline   Reply With Quote