View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 03:20 PM   #21
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
It sounds as if we use the same B and N, I am also in TX, and my B and N is opposite PF Changs and The Cheesecake Factory (there is water nearby, clue).
Yep. Same/same. I was going to just blab the location, but then thought maybe you didn't want that

Quote:
We love this store and use it as often as possible, I’m trying to prepare my children for the fact that it probably won’t be there too much longer though..., sadly. We're going there today, actually.
Since I've moved to ebooks, paper books have lost their appeal. Hanging around in B&N is still pleasurable, but I figure they may not appreciate me taking up space, when I'm not buying anything, so I rarely go there now.

But, like you I went in this weekend with the thought in my head that the store may not be around too much longer. A shame, as this location seems to do just fine. But if the business goes, this one store can't stand on its own.

By the way, I really miss the Borders in the next shopping center. I rarely go to Market Street any longer since Borders is gone.

Quote:
I’ve noticed over the past year that this particular store used to have a nice, friendly manager (older, well-dressed man with mustache), who would always smile and ask if I needed help, and the staff would help me if I had too many books to carry ��. He has been gone for six months now, and the store just seems a little disheveled somehow.
It's also likely partly due to B&N canning all their full-time/long term staff. That should have been the last straw with B&N and me, but with the collapse of Borders and most other local book shops closing, there's not much choice.

Quote:
It is still a great place to go though, and is really the only reason we ever visit the mall (apart from Urban Outfitters). If it closed, I doubt we would ever go to the mall....

This time last year there were pictures of the glow light 3 everywhere and the stand was at the door, I think the stand is still there, but toward the back.

It has a superb vinyl section. I hope the store survives in some shape or form, but I know it’s unlikely...
The Nook could have been their saving grace. They were really competing with the Kindle up through the Nook ST with Glowlight. They just seemed to drop the ball after that and wrote off e-books. A shame.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote