View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 09:14 AM   #14
anarcat
Connoisseur
anarcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Onyx Boox Note Pro 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Pixel 4a
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasio View Post
Since I'm always in KOReader, I don't need the tricks to update the Kobo database. I extracted the wallabag executable from the archive and copied it to /mnt/onboard.
Thanks for the review! I think it's the first report of Wallabako running on KOReader, so congratulations!

Quote:
I created a link to the CA file that already exist in KOReader with:
Code:
mkdir -p /etc/ssl/certs
ln -s /mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader/common/turbo/ca-certificates.crt /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
I should probably have documented this better, but the cryptographic libraries used by Wallabako Golang's crypto/x509 support reading other certificates databases:

Quote:
On UNIX systems the environment variables SSL_CERT_FILE and SSL_CERT_DIR can be used to override the system default locations for the SSL certificate file and SSL certificate files directory, respectively.
So instead of creating a symlink, you could have simply changed the environment to have SSL_CERT_FILE point at ca-certificates.crt...

Quote:
My config file with the server details is in /etc/wallabako.js but I might use the -config option to move it somewhere else.

I use this simple script to launch wallabako, /mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader/wb:
Code:
/mnt/onboard/wallabako -output "/mnt/onboard/Documents/Wallabag" -delete
... for example, the above would become:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
SSL_CERT_FILE=/mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader/common/turbo/ca-certificates.crt
export SSL_CERT_FILE
/mnt/onboard/wallabako -output "/mnt/onboard/Documents/Wallabag" -delete
Quote:
Since there is no UI I run the script with the Terminal Emulator plugin, just typing:
Code:
ash wb
It does work pretty well. Sure, a koreader plugin with a UI to set it up and run it on demand would be nice.
Yeah, I've been meaning to do this forever, but never got around to actually doing it. It doesn't help that I'm still using Nickel: the integration with Wallabako is horrible, but I find the basic UI much better, I'm sorry to say. I should probably give KOReader a try again, but I would need to reinstall as it seems recent Kobo updates broke KSM...

Quote:
But the thing really missing is the ability to delete documents from the server if they have been marked as Finished locally. That would require some work on wallabako itself though.
I made the deliberate choice, in Wallabako, to treat the Kobo as "disposable" (ie. we can add/remove files from it, if the -delete option is set of course, as you probably noticed) and the Wallabag server as "precious" (ie. we *don't* delete files there). We *do* mark files as read on the server when they are read locally, but that's as much "writing" we do on the server side. So you could make a job that would periodically remove the read Wallabag articles from the server to fix your problem...

I keep all my articles in Wallabag, even when they're read. I find it's a great feature as I often go back and read stuff later. It does mean I have thousands of entries in there, but it still manages well, at least so far.

That being said, deleting articles on the server shouldn't be that hard, feel free to open a feature request on the topic in the issue tracker, but I don't guarantee I'll have time to actually implement it. Some other passer-by who wants to learn Golang (it's not hard for a novice programmer!) might just do that!

Thanks for the review, it's always nice to hear from users!
anarcat is offline   Reply With Quote