View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 11:44 AM   #10
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
When it comes to gift shopping it is hard enough sometimes to simply pick a suitable item, let alone the right brand. Anyone with nieces, nephews, and grandkids knows the dilemma. I welcome the age specific gift idea areas in the 4-Star. That should be incorporated easier to find on the webpage as well. I do hope it is not based on manufacturer recommended age groups, but real age groups.

I am not sure how a suitable B&M department Amazon store would have to look like that gives a better experience than a Walmart does. What I find lacking at Walmart is no detailed specs and a limited variety of alternatives. Maybe the 4-Star is close depending on how closely and good it ties in with the online version. I want to be able to easily scan an item, have it pop up and give me all information including all products it competes against.
With Amazon you really don't know what they're likely to do or not--they might go and buy Tesla outright tomorrow. But I think at B&M they're a bit more likely to keep cherry picking upscale consumers that aren't necessarily impressed by online pricing than going toe to toe with Walmart or Target.

So if (when?) they did/do a dept store their, ahem, target would more likely be Nordstroms or Macy's. And for that they would want to perfect their fashion adviser and virtual dressing room tech first. Which may be anywhere from months to years away. The store itself I suspect would be heavy on full size screens and light on stock. If I recall correctly, they do have a patent for a laser-driven "tailoring on demand" system so they have been thinking in that science fiction-y direction.

Unlike many of their competitors, those folks understand and embrace the fact that it's the 21st century out there. More future shock incoming.

Last edited by fjtorres; 09-29-2018 at 11:47 AM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote