View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 05:40 PM   #98
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleet007 View Post
Ok what am I missing here?

I try to package both kfx files into a zip file, then rename it ".kfx-zip"

I drop that in Calibre, but it's reading it as a .zip, and not kfx-zip, so it can't convert it.
If calibre sees it as zip format then most likely you have failed to rename the file correctly. Research renaming files for your operating system.

To find out more information you can create an import log. Restart calibre in debug mode (choose this from the menu after right clicking Preferences), import the file, and exit calibre. A log of the import process will appear. You can should be able to determine from that what file type has been imported from that.

Also make sure that you have included all of the files that make up the book in your kfx-zip file.

It might be easier to follow the instructions in the first post of this thread to have the plugin create the kfx-zip for you automatically.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote