View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 09:42 AM   #6
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
Fiction may be fine in audio format, but I have my doubts how good the people are who do the voicing. An automatic text-to-speech is usually crappy. A paid actor may be less than enchanted about the task and this will necessarily be reflected in the voice.
Generally, people who perform narrations are highly talented professionals. Why would a "paid actor" as you call it be any less "enchanted" with the task than any professional in any line of work? Moreover, narration is a different skill and while some actors are successful at both, the implication that narration tends to be done by actors who are slumming and can't find jobs more to their liking is absurd. Some of the best and most successful narrators have made a career of narration.

I think it's obvious you've rushed to judgment without ever trying an audiobook. They may well not be for you. You'll never know, though, if you dismiss them out of hand because you've decided in advance they can't be good.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote