View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 02:11 AM   #2
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
I have not heard of this age-old debate. To me it seems the formats are too different for comparison.

An audiobook may be good when looking at a page/screen is unfeasible, e.g. while driving, but otherwise I consider page/screen far better, because you can re-read and flip back and forth comfily. Namely, I mostly read for research, so I often have to even flip back and forth between different files/books.

Fiction may be fine in audio format, but I have my doubts how good the people are who do the voicing. An automatic text-to-speech is usually crappy. A paid actor may be less than enchanted about the task and this will necessarily be reflected in the voice. An entire radio-theatre like performance may be the best option.

Then occasionally the end-user is forced to a specific role. People whose eyes are worn out must explore audio options. Those hard of hearing must keep leafing.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote