View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 09:28 PM   #43
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
This was addressed to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Do you also believe all Lawyers, Police and Preachers are crooks?
Apache
No I do not, and I am unsure why you would ask, but journalists are out on their own when it comes to ones not trusting what they produce.

The basis of their trade is to create story that will sell. Without my getting into the details stories that set out balanced viewpoints do not sell, a story that is biased one way or the other will as it has clarity. The writer will omit facts, fail to interview the correct people or misquote them, etc. related to one side in order to maintain this charity.

Regarding misquotes, by way of example a very common one I see is of the kind where I know for a fact the person interviewed has said "I think it is possible that {such and such} could happen but the probability is low." is quoted as "Joe Bloggs today admitted that {such and such} will happen".
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote