View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 01:32 PM   #6
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
I just tried to patch my KA2v1 (upgraded with currently unsupported 4.10.11655) using this patch method.

It worked great , but I think some text clarifications are needed for the not so bold casual user (See the red additions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Instructions for patching on Windows, Linux, or macOS with kobopatch:
  1. Download the firmware from here
  2. Install the firmware on your kobo BEFORE proceeding with the next steps.
  3. Download kobopatch_4.10.11655.zip from here.
  4. Unzip kobopatch in an convenient location.
  5. Copy the original zipped firmware from here to the kobopatch src folder.
  6. Enable patches in the *.yaml files in the kobopatch src folder (or use the overrides in kobopatch.yaml to keep your options separate).
  7. Run kobopatch.bat on Windows, or kobopatch.sh on Linux.
  8. If the patching succeeded, (see log file in the out folder) a file named KoboRoot.tgz will be created in the out folder. Copy it to the .kobo folder of your device.
  9. Safe disconnect your device.
Just my 2cts.
Keep up the good work
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote