View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 11:46 PM   #32
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
@rcrentos: I am unimpressed by your bragging successfully defending two cases for your family. By mentioning your age at the time I have to assume you were officially unqualified as an attorney of law on top of that. Doesn't do a thing for me, sorry.
Well, since I failed to make my point (I was in a hurry and had to head out the door) I can understand why you were unimpressed. My point wasn't to impress you or to brag about my ability, it was to illustrate the fact that someone being a lawyer (and passing the bar exam) doesn't really mean diddly squat about their skills or intelligence. If some kid, who knew nothing, could research the law and write motions that got cases dismissed, that means that the charges should have never been made in the first place and that the city attorney's inability to see this means he was most likely incompetent — yet he held the job. Not impressed.

As for my being "officially unqualified" to defend my family members, you obviously don't know how the U.S. court system works. Any person can defend themselves in a court of law. You don't have to be "qualified" to write a motion. Although, when I filed the second motion (for my brother) the Country Clerk told me "the judge will just throw it out." I had to tell her to just file it, it wasn't her job to make the ruling.

I had the FACTS on my side. That's why we won. I didn't grandstand by making juvenile "emotional" accusations. And now we're back to why I wrote my original post you responded to.

Last edited by rcentros; 08-30-2018 at 12:00 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote