View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 05:33 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArtfulDodger View Post
Thank you to all of you that proposed solutions. I have finally mastered the "fix" in Quality Check" which will fix things that are already in the database, but I cannot do anything to get around using it - in other words, when I Add books, I still know of no way to force "Author" to "fn ln" (if I could I can make "Author_Sort" = "Author"; nor do I know how to force the same effect as the "fix" "Author Initials" on input!
The following Preferences settings are germane to your main issue.

Tweaks->Author sort name algorithm

Adding Books->Reading metadata->Swap author firstname and lastname when reading author from filename

Adding Books->Reading metadata->Regular Expression

AFAIK - the option in the Quality Check plugin is the only way to 'fix' inconsistent initials, other than adjusting them manually when you add new books.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote