ozh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
What's a 3.0.1 epub?
http://idpf.org/epub/301

Quote:
And how are you converting epub to mobi? (I don't find it necessary to convert at all. I just take out the included cover image and upload the epub to the KDP.)
I'm using kindlegen. I just wanna test on my devices before upload to KDP.

Quote:
And this GO TO feature -- do you mean the logical or virtual TOC?
This is the GO TO menu on Paperwhite:

Quote:
I fear that, overall, as with your rendering of renderize, you are stretching html beyond all reasonable limits. If there is such a word as renderize, there shouldn't be! Tenderize, yes, but not renderize.
LOL, sorry about the "renderize", my english is really stupid. But I really don't think I'm "stretching html beyond all reasonable limits". It's just HTML. Here, from epub 3.0.1 specs:

Quote:
"The Navigation Document can also be reused in the body of an EPUB Publication by including it in the spine. To avoid the situation in highly structured documents where it might not be desirable to display the complete table of contents to Users in the body, the display level can be modified using the [HTML5] hidden attribute. This attribute is ignored by Reading Systems when they render the table of contents outside the spine (e.g., in their own specialized views), which avoids minimizing the information that is available."
Thanks for your reply!
ozh is offline   Reply With Quote