View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 11:27 PM   #32366
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
This has never happened before. I got a new prescription for eyeglasses. I'm nearsighted with astigmatism . So I try them on and everything 10 to 20 feet is crystal clear. Everything 10 to a foot in front of my face is out of focus. I can't read text on the computer without seeing a rainbow drop shadow behind them and the text is fuzzy. Text is smaller and smooshed together. And forget trying to read with them because the text is blurry it's like my eyes can't focus. This is my second day of trying to make my eyes adjust. I can make the letters out but 12 point text is now 6pt and blurry enough that I have to concentrate to read it. Ugh! Eye strain after wearing them for about 30 minutes and burning in my left eye. These are single lenses not bifocals.

Sent from my XT1528
The only legitimate reason I can think of for poor vision at closer distances with your new glasses is if you have reached the age where close vision starts to go (I have no idea what your age is). https://www.allaboutvision.com/condi...presbyopia.htm . If that is the case you might need bifocals or progressives.

If you are not old enough for that to be the issue, then something could be wrong with the prescription or the glasses -mistakes do happen! Either way, you should go back to the eye doctor.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote