View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 02:33 PM   #32362
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
It started after the fire in 2013, in the week we opened the store again after The Big Cleanup, so that would have been late July. I've been a member on MR since 2011 IIRC, so not all of my time on MR, but most of it.

This stunt doesn't surprise me. We've been at this point numerous times, when he changes his mind. But it really sucks. After five years you just want it to be over and never have anything to do with that
I think my first V&R post was probably around 2013, so...yeah.

Quote:
Good luck with the car. I'm glad we're not that dependent and I either walk or cycle to most things.
Yeah, well, in the US Southwest, there are exceedingly few places that you can live that don't require cars. For example, from our home, the nearest commercial establishments of any kind--ANY kind--are both 10 miles, almost on the nose, from our home. To the south, there's a convenience store and gas station, with a small corner shopping center kitty-corner from it; and to the north, there's an infamous (allegedly biker) restaurant and roadhouse, again, 10 miles away, almost to the inch. Those are the two closest things to us. Hospital? There's an urgent care 22 miles away; real hospital is nearer 30.

We simply can't get around w/o a car, and there is precisely ZERO mass trans within 20 miles of us. I couldn't even bike if I wanted to...at least, not in the summer, I'd croak. I'm sure that there are Ironmen and women who can bike 20+ miles in 110F heat in the summer, but I ain't one of 'em. (Never could--even at my height of fitness, the heat has always seemed to suck the life from me.)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote