View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 11:35 AM   #32358
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
We thought, and hoped, that the end of the Family Thing was in sight. But it was, probably, wishful thinking. Last week my aunt's lawyer put together an agreement for all to sign, we changed and added a couple of things. This week the solicitor dealing with my grandmother's estate added his things and on Thursday it was send to my uncle's lawyer.

This morning my uncle's lawyer send an email to my aunt's and our lawyers that since my aunt doesn't agree with the agreement my uncle's lawyer is going to continue with court proceedings.

My aunt doesn't disagree with anything, so what he's talking about is a mystery. We think he doesn't like what was written in the agreement and has thrown a fit. He always blames someone else, but know my father doesn't care what my uncle says about him, but my aunt gets upset when my uncle is mean to/about her. However, a normal person would let it been known that he disagrees with the document, says what he likes to change and renegotiate the agreement. Or it might be a misunderstanding.

Our lawyer has called my uncle's lawyer, we don't know (yet) what has been discussed. She did send an email that emotions are obviously running high and that it would be a good idea for everyone (my uncle and his lawyer) to calm down, put their feelings aside and get things over and done with. So we'll have to see where this ends.

However, if my uncle goes through with the court case our demand will be that my uncle won't get the €10000 he had negotiated. And that the house will be sold to us for the amount the previous judge had set (in the agreement we were willing to pay more) and which the current judge has already said was a fair deal. My father also wants to sue my uncle for the thousands of euros he stole from my grandmother (which in the agreement he wouldn't have to pay back). I can understand my father and agree with him, my mother and sister are more cautious.

So, the drama will continue next week.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote