View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 12:08 PM   #159
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
I would say from the coffers of the marriage. Same as if the husband was keeping a mistress. The cost came from the same pool. I don't know French law from the 1620's, I do know domestic law varied from country to country, widely. I am familiar with the differences between Spanish domestic law and English common law on the subject, because Texas law is almost totally based upon Spanish law, not English, which comes as a great shock for people relocating to Texas.
Coverture would have been in effect in the 1600s, which would have put all a married woman's money and personal property under her husband's control. How that played out in day-to-day life, I have no idea, but it seems like it was a lot more complicated than a pool of money from which they could both draw.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote