View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 08:02 AM   #152
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
It's the sort of food that gives one indigestion. There is a significant difference between a kept woman and a kept man as described in this book: who has the power. In both cases the men retain the power. The women, if discovered, are in real trouble, the men will receive congratulations.

And I don't think you need the "until recent times" qualifier. The double standard still holds in many (most?) parts of the world.
<Shrug>. In my career (35+ years and counting), I've had more female bosses than male (at the first two levels above me). Having the power of promotion and paychecks over one doesn't seem to be powerless to me. I guess that just doesn't fit the meme here.

Re my sidebar comment: Why didn't the Lady in question just say the equivalent of "Take a hike, chump"? A woman with a rich husband and her own jewels can't say no? Even in the times she certainly had enough derived power to do that. (It takes two to tango. . . .)

Last edited by Greg Anos; 08-03-2018 at 08:13 AM.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote