View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 01:28 PM   #4
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Unfortunately I am not knowledgeable enough to help you, but I would be interested in the results of your hacking.

On my old PB626 I have installed
- Linux console (with the access to the built-in BusyBox commands)
- ftp server - to get access to the filesystem
- Vim text editor
- a few of other utilities.
So far I have not found a meaningful use of those, besides bragging and showing-off to my geeky friends ;-)

When PocketBook came out with PB301 - the very first e-ink reader and [distant] predecessor of your reader - PocketBook used a generic Netronix hardware. A few other "manufacturers" used the same hardware, so the original programmers took great care to prevent us from switching the booting media. Their system was *far* ahead of competition.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote