View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 07:17 PM   #82
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjones View Post
I'm still having some difficulty getting this to work. When I try and "Add Book" to Calibre, I specify the correct path to the document on my Kindle (/run/media/paul/Kindle/documents/...) and it appears to convert without error, but the file I'm left with is a KFX-ZIP file, which the instructions in the first post suggest means that the file import has failed.
The reason for import failure can be obtained from a log file. Click the calibre Preferences drop-down menu and choose "Restart in debug mode". Re-import the book and then close calibre. A log file will appear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjones View Post
I get the following output:
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/platform.py", line 334, in linux_distribution
f = open('/etc/'+file, 'r')
IOError: [Errno 20] Not a directory: '/etc/debian_version'
That failure is caused by something about your Linux installation that in incompatible with the Python library used by calibre. It has nothing to do with this plugin.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote