View Single Post
Old 07-28-2018, 10:22 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incanus View Post
Again, thanks for your prompt reply.

I'm already using bulk edit and a regular expression for the title editing. Is the above option better, vis a vis the particular problem on the Aura after the metadata sync?

Also: what about mobi, pdf and so forth?

Awaiting your kind reply,

[INCANUS]
My procedure is basically 3 steps.

1. Edit the metadata, covers, etc.

2. Use Modify Epub to update the metadata and covers internal to the epub.

3. Send the books to my Kobo. Safely eject and let the books process.

If your renamed files are still showing as on device in calibre, you will need to remove them (calibre, remove books, remove matching books from device). Basically, if you send the new version and calibre shows 2 books on device, time to nuke the old copies.

4. Connect and update metadata to send the series data.

Mobi support on the Kobo ereaders is pretty primitive as the format supported is from before Amazon purchasing Mobipocket. PDF works but you really need a bigger display, more CPU, more RAM, etc. Other formats have very limited metadata or no metadata standard.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote