View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 10:09 AM   #72
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Zlib support is coming very soon (https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatch/issues/4). I just figured out the biggest issue I was having.

The instructions I will be implementing are:

FindZlib: Finds a zlib css offset, not sensitive to line breaks or whitespace differences
- FindZlib: "#StatsView[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true]"

FindZlibHash: Finds a zlib css string by it's SHA1 hash
- FindZlib: w4ujrwe4ujtowe485rwoe4j (I know that isn't a valid hash)

ReplaceZlib: Replaces a zlib css string at the current offset (found with above functions or set with BaseAddress)
- ReplaceZlib:
Offset: 0
Find: "margin: 20px"
Replace: "margin: 40px"

In the future, I might also implement the following instruction:
SetZlibCSS: Sets a property for a CSS selector
- SetZlibCSS:
Offset: 0
Select: "BookProgressBarWidget[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true]"
Set: "min-height: 32px"

Please tell me what you think of those instructions or if you have any better/more useful ideas for instructions. Also, to save me some time for testing, it would be nice if oren64 could convert a simple patch to one using ReplaceZlib.

Last edited by geek1011; 07-09-2018 at 10:13 AM.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote