View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 10:38 AM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
I can verify that my Tolino Page can download Overdrive ePubs via the browser and open them for reading. I can also return them at any time via a long press on the book cover. (This is something I can't do with my Sony PRS-T2, though I can download and read Overdrive books using only the T2.) You do have to set up the Tolino with your ADE credentials in the Accounts section. That said, it's probably not as "cool as it sounds," because using the eInk browser takes patience and is no treat. But I have now tested (and used) this feature several times as my computers run on Linux and its easier for me to bypass the indirect download method. Another writer who owns a Tolino Epos also verified that he uses (at least successfully tested) this feature.

I think the only Kobo that will allow direct downloading of Overdrive books is the Aura ONE you mentioned. I believe Kobo does this like Amazon does with the Kindle, you check out the book at Overdrive and it appears in your Kobo library. (I may not have the details exactly right, as I don't own Aura ONE.)

Good luck.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote