View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 11:12 AM   #10
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
reserved for alternative instructions using new patching tools
I've updated kobopatch to the latest patch zips: https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatch/releases/latest . There is a README in the zip, and it is pretty straightforward to use. The linked zips still use the patch32lsb format, but once I sort out some issues with converting the binary patches in my new conversion tool, I'll release a version converted to my new format. Users can keep their patch choices between formats and versions if they use the Overrides option in kobopatch.yaml.

Also, would anyone be interested in an option to automatically copy the patched KoboRoot.tgz to a connected Kobo?

As for progress on the zlib patching, I'm almost finished, but I need to figure out some implementation differences between go's zlib library and python's zlib library. The dictionaries used for compression seem different. See this issue for the details. I'd appreciate some help if anyone knows more about zlib.

Last edited by geek1011; 07-06-2018 at 11:23 AM.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote