View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 06:13 PM   #47
xOrphenochx
xOrphenochx began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHand View Post
You mean the tiff2pdf command? Strange, the order shouldn't really matter, but sure I can change it if it produces errors. Which version of libtiff are you using? (I have 3.8.2 installed)

By the way, did you need to change the script as serpentium did or did it work aside from the libtiff error?
Yes, sorry, that is where it had failed. With the latest Macports installed, 1.7 i think, I have LIBTIFF, Version 3.8.2 just as you do.

I reviewed the script when I got an error that it did not support multiple files and saw the tiffcp command which lead me to believe that where it was failing, I had did a manual merge with the tiffcp command which worked(I hadn't noticed the merged file in the hidden directory previously).

I tried to manually do a conversion and tiff2pdf failed with a simple tiff2pdf test.tff -o test.pdf command. Which produced that multiple files not supported error message along with "tiff2pdf [options] input.tiff" which since -o is an option I reversed it with success.

As for serpentium's edit, there was no need for me to do that. I might suggest that any errors that come about might be related to an outdated macports install, I know for one I never do an upgrade but every few months as it takes hours to compile all the new packages.

I would also commend you for the excellent output of the filters applied to the images before conversion. You will notice a huge difference between such manga as Berserk where it is lightly drawn. JE-Comics files were too light and yours came out at just the right darkness.

You sir, deserve a nice cold beer.

Last edited by xOrphenochx; 02-26-2009 at 06:16 PM.
xOrphenochx is offline   Reply With Quote