View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 06:04 PM   #23
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
I've yet to finish it. I find the dialogue very difficult in the original French. Ill probably read the rest in English and try the two translations mentioned here. But overall I think it genius and hilarious. I don't really care about attitudes about gender etc. I accept it as a product of its time and enjoy the parts I like. Dumas is the most read French writer for good reason.

Any reccomendations for best translation?

Incidentally Strugatkys' Hart to be a God is heavily influenced by it.

Last edited by Pajamaman; 06-16-2018 at 06:10 PM.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote