View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 08:41 PM   #526
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamers View Post
Did anyone ever answer this? Apologies if so, I'm new here and trying to navigate the 50+ pages for this thread.

I'm also interested in the Clara. Here is my use case: I take the Kobo Aura (6") with me camping, on my bike, in bed, treat it relatively roughly - for me to use an ereader, philosophically, is to imagine it *almost* like a book.. If i had to be super gentle with it I'd probably switch back to books.

I love the size of the Aura.. but I hate how slow it is, how the lighting on it is kind of crapular. And I would looove waterproofing if possible, but its not a must. Is the Clara HD for me? Is there a different reader of that size/weight (any larger seems to be out of the picture for me, I really do take it backpacking into the woods).

I use Calibre for books and hate the Amazon ecosystem (and frankly, the business practices of the Amazon corporation, but thats another thread) and so staying within the Kobo realm seems to me the best option.

Would welcome any thoughts from you super intelligent people, and again, apologies if my kind of questions have been answered directly, I really did sift through many of the thread pages.
Welcome aboard. I think the Clara sounds like a very good option for you, but do note that it's not waterproof. I'm not sure if the comparison between the One and the Clara was replied to, however you can probably rule out the One for yourself as it's much larger and thus not as compact for your use. The One screen is also flush and therefore would likely be more susceptible to damage than the recessed screen on the Clara.

Regarding Kindles, I believe the only Kindle that is waterproof is the Oasis and it's at a much higher price point and you don't seem keen on Kindles anyway. I'd give the Clara a go, if I was you. It will no doubt be much faster than your current Aura. One thing that has been mentioned is the Clara screen has more of a blue tone so take note should that not be to your liking. There are more than a few videos on youtube that show the Clara screen well.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote