View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 07:36 PM   #4
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
I have replaced Kindle 3 screens several times. It is quite easy to do, and well worth it, I think. The Kindles I have repaired were given to me for free, so the $20 to replace a screen is a bargain. You want to match the serial number of your damaged screen to your new purchase. The number you are looking for is the one on the upper left of the ribbon cable of your screen -- something beginning with EDO.
One tip -- don't bother taking the battery out when changing the screen. You don't have to.

Do it! The guide on powerbookmedic.com is a good one.

Last edited by montalex; 06-03-2018 at 07:41 PM.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote