View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 08:09 PM   #5
Cool Javelin
Enthusiast
Cool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle (early)
In the, admittedly, special case of the Kindle app on the android (I believe it is actually called "kindle for Android") you cannot browse any other location except the Amazon Kindle store.

Yes, I can access the Calibre Content Server from my Android browser, and download a book, but it only download to the "downloads" folder. I must manually go into the downloads folder and move it to the Kindle/books folder.

I cannot change the default location for downloads either using the Chrome or FireFox app.

Even if I could change the default downloads folder, I don't want all my downloads to go to my Kindle. Some downloads I want elsewhere.

No, the best option is to email it to my kindle email, then the Kindle app will sync it.

Of course I can do that from the Calibre program, but if I am away and want a book, I do not have access to the Calibre program.

Thanks, Mark.
Cool Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote