Thread: New Leaf Theme Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 04:52 PM   #292
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I have a new idea for a theme. Retellings. Defined by Goodreads as "A new version of an older story. Sometimes, a fairy tale or myth may be reimagined with a modernized setting or retold from a minor character's perspective." For example, I recently read Home Fire by Kamila Shamsie which is a retelling of Antigone set in modern London.
Oh, I like that idea! Another recent example is the novels by Madeline Miller. And there's always Ulysses! (I kid, I kid.) Tons of possibilities.

And since it's been raised: I think we're set with themes through September. I thought maybe June would be a good time to hash out another six months. Thoughts?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote