View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 11:26 AM   #58
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
I learned to read age 5 and haven't stopped since. My mother fought me through childhood up to Uni so that I would turn off the light at night (I remember reading with a pocket lamp under covers). Now I'm retired, I still tend to read during the night, but when I start to sleep on my feet during the day, I read books interesting enough, but fragmentary enough to be able to drop them and go to sleep, poetry for instance. I also read queuing, on the go, in waiting rooms, and now I'm retired, during the day sometimes.

I do tend to spend a lot of time in front of my PC though, and I do have outside commitments and meetings with friends and family. And I never counted books read - it doesn't make sense to me, every book is different, and I always read several books simultaneously. When I've binge read an author or a genre, I need to change genres, that's when I read serious books.

And I don't agree that one doesn't need to read fiction slowly, it all depends on the book: some prose demands to be savored, just like a good meal (I like cooking for others).
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote