View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 08:26 AM   #55
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
With a very limited sample set of of three people (first husband, second husband, son) that I've tried to share/read the same newspaper or magazine articles with at the same time, and even one time, on vacation, share a book, back in DTB days, there can be big differences in reading speeds. I read pretty fast and the few times we tried it, I would go nuts waiting for the other person to finish and be ready to move to the next page. Sometimes I'd end up re-reading almost the entire page before moving on, so that would be a factor of 2 difference in reading speed right there.

So without being argumentative , just commenting, and keeping in mind my small sample set - I still think there can be pretty big differences in reading speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
{edit}
FWIW, I read somewhere that reading speeds don't differ as much as people think and I suspect there's a lot of truth in that.

Last edited by sufue; 04-25-2018 at 08:38 AM. Reason: typo
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote