View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 06:18 PM   #53
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I don't know my speed by minute either, don't care. I do know somewhat how long it takes me for an average sized book, because one, I been reading for so long and two I have the time left in book thingie now on my kindles. It seems to be fairly spot on for me.

I don't speed read, I don't skip or fly through section of a book. If I did that, I'd stop reading that particular book. I don't see the point of skipping. For me I want to be immersed in the story and if I could think of skipping, it would mean I wasn't in the story. But that is all personal. There aren't any wrong ways reading books. It is whatever is enjoyable. Assuming we are talking about leisure reading here, not school projects or stuff for educational stuff.

I had to relearn to read in a new language so I did my school required stuff already, just not english. So in a way reading was and still is a bit of a educational thing as english is not my first language. I think though that I am now at the same level I used to be in my first language. I have no way to compare though and I don't really care. Honestly its a wee bit easier reading english than reading german.

I know what I like by now and don't force myself reading stuff I have no interest in. I figured, any reading is going to flex my brain in some way.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote