View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 01:53 PM   #9
Larken
Where's the backlight??
Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and Kobo Glo HD
About 15 years ago, I was introduced to reading on Palm OS devices. I started on an m515 with a screen resolution of 160x160. It's pretty pixelly but if you don't care about font formatting, it works just fine. You could read with PalmReader, which was pretty basic, but would do the job. I preferred a program called Wordsmith. It could switch from View to Edit mode and you could make spelling corrections as needed if you wanted to improve the book as you read. It would also allow you to auto scroll and adjust the scrolling to your reading speed. It was pretty good stuff.

As for the books, I don't recall if Calibre can output to .pdb (Palm Database) file or not. I can picture the program I used that basically opened a window and I would drop a text file into it. It would spit out a .pdb file after a few seconds. I found a few websites that appear to do the same if you google txt to pdb converter.

I have the last model of Palm at home. I might have to try and charge it up tonight and play with it. I miss the days of the IT group at work standing around with a handheld device and everyone saying we look like dorks. Now, it seems, everyone has turned into dorks with their phones
Larken is offline   Reply With Quote