View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 09:50 PM   #27
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
JS - Most of everything you said in your last post does not apply to me. I know how to code with CSS and HTML. I'm a book editor, FPS--and valedictorians tend to learn how to do things easily and quickly--and achieve the best results.

I have lots of extra styling codes that fix a lot of things that I used to fix manually. I have lots of transform rules added that fix a lot of things that I used to have to spend time fixing manually. Conversion works great for me and does NOT make editing any harder and does not mess up things. Actually, conversion makes everything much easier. Once in a while, I'll have to manually edit something, but that happens far less often than when I used to do all the editing manually.

In fact, I've saved hundreds of hours (or more) by modifying and converting with all my extra settings that fix a lot of things automatically for me. I can load up 100 files, run modify, run convert, run check book, and run ToC on each of the files, and be done with all of it in a very short amount of time.

The results in all the books are fantastic, they all work fine, all the errors found by Calibre are gone (with very few manual edits needed), everything is justified, all the blank line spaces are gone, all the indents are how I want them, the text looks very nice, and I love how my files look when I'm done. They look much cleaner and are much better than when I started, that I can tell you.

I wish I could show you my system. If I could, I'm 100% sure you would quit criticizing me for everything. You might also want to save time and use my system, which would save you tons of time, with much better results.
deback is offline   Reply With Quote