View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 12:28 PM   #45
GreyWolfsGhost
Enthusiast
GreyWolfsGhost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreyWolfsGhost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreyWolfsGhost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreyWolfsGhost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreyWolfsGhost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreyWolfsGhost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreyWolfsGhost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreyWolfsGhost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreyWolfsGhost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreyWolfsGhost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreyWolfsGhost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Glowlight 3, Kindle Keyboard, android, apple...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Consider my earlier posts: the old man professes to love the fish but continues in a struggle that is going to have no good outcome for either the old man or the fish. As an experienced fisherman he must know this.
How many experienced fishermen do you know would willingly give up the catch of a life time?

I understand what you are saying but at what point should one give up? Just because something is hard to do doesn't mean one should quit.

As for the dolphin thing I eventually understood he is referring to a fish it just took me out of the book for a bit. If he would have left at dorado I would have just continued. If the word is left that way on "porpoise" in editing I don't know nor do I really care. Personally I would rather have a work left as originally published rather than updated to match current popular thinking as it shows how life was.

I apologize for the bad pun.
GreyWolfsGhost is offline   Reply With Quote