View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 10:59 AM   #13
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter68 View Post
I am new to Android, so I didn't know about wake-locks
Thing is, the manifacturer will want to maximize the battery duration, so the system will put everything to sleep as soon as it believes it wise. But it must happen appropriately. In the past, I started seeing odd delays while typing, and also the typed strings appear in bursts (type, nothing happens, touch the screen, the typed appears): that may happen because the device fell asleep during use.
Mind you, this is against anomalies: E-Ink's EPD has a delay - to the best of my knowledge, 125ms is the current minimum achievable. Then, the software may have delays - reasonable ones. I never measured them.

We mentioned these things in past threads. I had to bang my head against the wall for a long time before an unfogged mind suggested the evident culprit.

Last edited by mdp; 03-15-2018 at 11:01 AM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote