View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 08:53 AM   #4
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Obviously, I have a brand preference
<=
and my initial reaction to a 7" Kindle was, "How 2011 of them," 2011 being the year I got the Sony PRS-950 and I do raise my eyebrow a bit when Kindlers wax lyrical at the large size. I'm glad for them, though, and the reality is that generally all the ereaders being sold today are just fine; it's a question of parsing the details.

That said, I'll make just two critical comments on the KOA2: I would find it awkward to have to flip the reader to change hands (but would get used to it) and Audible integration is a boondoggle, since it doesn't allow for Immersion Reading and the KOA2 is a lousy audiobook player on its own merits. I disagree strongly with your "functional illiterates" comment which is both inaccurate and rude and reflects on you, not audiobook listeners.

I'll let the rest go.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote