View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 12:17 AM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
My experience with the Nook ST tells me that this current iteration of Nook software is just buggy.

My old Nook more stable than my Kobo. And while I haven't had the problems others have had with the Glowlight 3, it is very slow when not in a book and I have had issues with it jumping back to home right after opening a book.

I can't help but wonder if the bugginess in their current software has to do with their behind the scenes financial woes.
I'm a bit worried about that too. I was surprised when suggestions resulted in changes in the software (got rid of partitioning at any rate), but (just following along) it doesn't look like the software is quite finished on the GlowLight 3. My "Shop Goodwill" NST (that I gave to my son) updated to 1.2.2 (from 1.2.1) on its own (which was a small shock, after all this time) but I haven't turned WiFi on with my old NST or NST w/ GL since then. I don't want to take a chance of acquiring bugs on an OS that has been solid for years, especially since I don't know what the upgrade was supposed to have "fixed." I've also read that the new upgrade to GlowLight Plus has resulted in unwanted changes.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote