View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 07:18 PM   #62
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
@Katsunami. I think you mostly answer your own question when you wrote "If there hadn't been an "easy-ish" way of removing DRM, I wouldn't be e-reading." At the moment you are buying ebooks with DRM because that DRM can be removed, and quite easily. So for you, and I suggest also for the vast majority who do care about drm, whether a book has drm or not is irrelevant. In fact, if you are using Calibre and Alf the workflow is the same.

Sadly, and I hope we never find out, if effective DRM was implemented then, as has been discussed elsewhere, it is likely the vast majority simply do not care. Those who do care at all seem to be only a tiny proportion.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote