View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 06:27 AM   #308
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by psv View Post
I don't know how to describe the "writing feel" - it is similar to paper, but that's about it - but I've been using it for some 5 months and I basically stopped using paper for writing. So at least for me it works. This is not my first device with a pen; I had a Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet and have a Surface Pro 4, each of them with great writing software (better than reMarkable IMHO) and very precise pens (equally precise as reMarkable's), but writing on smooth glass is just no fun. So I personally recommend reMarkable (even though I bought it for reading pdfs and not really for writing, it became my main writing tool). Not sure whether I would buy it for its current price (379 + cca 50 for import taxes in the presale was a bit more tempting than 629).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaban View Post
The writing experience is truly unusual for a piece of hardware. It does feel a lot like paper, has this subtle scratchy feeling as the tip of the stylus glides across the screen.
Thank you, both of you. I tested a little bit, and can see now why I never used the s-pen on my Note4 much for writing. If that is how most other bigger devices feel like, then it is no real writing.

Now I got a really silly request for anyone with a reMarkable and other digital stylus. Does a different stylus still feel similiar when used on the reMarkable (even if it may not register as). And when writing on real paper, does the reMarkable stylus feel the same, and how about others? When I put a piece of paper on my Note4 and use the s-pen it does feel a lot nicer to write.

Maybe the solution is simply a textured screen protector (transparent, not exactly paper) to transform non reMarkable devices to a better writing experiences.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 02-10-2018 at 06:36 AM.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote