View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 09:37 PM   #14
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
The thing about books being unavailable in ebook form is really about waiting. I kept watching for William Humphry's "Home from the Hill" for years and finally it became available and I bought it. I'll bet I checked for that one for 7 or 8 years before it did.

Till a couple of years ago ebooks by John O'Hara, one of the more popular writers of the 50's and 60's weren't available and then over a few months they all were.

One book I have fond memories of reading when it was new was MacKinlay Kantor's "Spirit Lake". I've been trying to find that in ebook form for a couple of decades.

And one of the best selling writers of them all in the 1940's and 1950's, Frank Yerby, the guy who almost single handedly invented the romance novel, wrote a lot of really good historical novels that weren't romance novels. The only ones in ebook format are the few that are novelized stories from the bible. After 20 years of being a writer of so many best sellers he made the foolish mistake of revealing that he was black and now no-one knows his name.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote