View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 08:35 PM   #11
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Boox Note Air 3C, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I actually get the impression that more British books are unavailable in the US than vice versa.

All of Charles Sheffield’s books used to be sold by Baen (I have them). I think they lost the rights when he died. A good reason to always buy books that interest you when you see them - there’s no guarantee they’ll continue to be available. I have every ebook Baen have ever published (I’ve been buying their monthly bundle since 1999, when it started) and I reckon that a good 10% of those books are no longer available for sale.

Available from Amazon UK.
I completely agree, i’ve learned to pull the trigger and buy once I have decided I would like to read something because of this. It’s just unfortunate all around. Of course my backlog continues to grow.

It’s one of those “shut up and take my money” situations but no one there to sell. Of course you can buy used pb versions or go to the seedy side of the internet neither of which benefits the author or publisher.

Last edited by TheSmitty; 02-05-2018 at 08:38 PM.
TheSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote