View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 04:41 PM   #55
Barrister1
Barrister1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barrister1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barrister1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barrister1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barrister1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barrister1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barrister1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barrister1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barrister1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barrister1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barrister1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I grew up listening to and enjoying music in the 1940s when the very best of speakers didn't sound as good as today's cheap speakers. I have a pretty good ear, I think, and I can tell the difference in mediocre sound reproduction and very good reproduction but I never really understood why it's so important to some people. It's the music that matters and the beauty of the music comes through just fine on a fair to middling MP3 file played on a halfway decent speaker.

I would try to make the point that it's similar to judging a book by it's cover except that in another thread this forum seems to be advocating judging books by their cover.

Anyway I'll let you guys go back to listening to every possible blemish while I go on listening to the music.

Barry (who says I'm a smartass!)
You must not have listened to a lossless recording on a high end system. It brings out every nuance and there is no comparison. Can you listen and enjoy music on a cheap system? Of course. But the high end system is that much better and engrossing. It can be quite an amazing experience.
Barrister1 is offline   Reply With Quote