View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 01:17 PM   #15
jcsalomon
Zealot
jcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheese

Device: Bookari (née Mantano Reader) on Android; Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Currently, Sigil meets the 3.01 spec. The IDPF has disolved and merged with W3C. They have no spec. They are planning a completely new packaged web content spec for epub4 which does not even use an opf, or zip, or ...

An epub community within w3c has decided epub 3.1 is dead on arrival. They are trying to salvage an epub 3.2 or epub 3.0.2 that does not support any series meta either.
(emphasis added)

I’m not sure that’s right. My reading was, it was 3.1 which removed series metadata, and since 3.2 (AKA 3.0.2) is returning to 3.0.1-compatibility (warts and all) it’ll have the series metadata from 3.0.1 too.

(It’ll be “deprecated”, but since there won’t be another 3.x version, and since EPUB4 will have a completely different model anyway, I don’t see that deprecation will have any effect at all.)
jcsalomon is offline   Reply With Quote