View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 07:00 AM   #50
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't know what it is, but I've listened to some hi-res recordings where the music just shined through. It wasn't a comparison to MP3 or CD format. It just was better. You just heard the performance and the emotion. Sure you can say you can't hear the difference, but it's there.
If I understand you correctly, you are saying that you heard a specific recording at hi-res and really liked it, but didn't compare it to the same recording on mp3 or cd.

Of course, there are specific recordings that are better than others. That's one big reason that classical music fans will search around for specific recordings of a piece, for example, Antal Dorati's 1959 recording of the 1812 overture with the Minneapolis Symphony is frequently pointed to as a top recording. Where something is recorded, how it's recorded and the musicians involved can have a huge impact of the sound.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote