View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 03:54 PM   #46
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
As I said previously, Jon, I enjoy listening to classical music (opera in particular), and I have a pretty decent Hi-Fi system. I'm unable to detect the slightest difference between my original CDs, and those same CDs converted to 320kb MP3 files, and that's all that matters to me.
I've never been able to tell a difference either listening to a mix of music from classical to bluegrass to folk to rock. I've done a comparison between the iTunes version of a specific symphony, a CD of that specific recording and the 24 bit lossless version of the exact same recording. No difference to my ears on my rather nice stereo system (not professional quality, but much better than most). There are probably individuals who can actually tell a difference, but I suspect that group is a lot small than the group who claim to be able to tell a difference.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote