View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 06:08 PM   #30
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwood View Post
Even with the low resolution 167 DPI screen on the current Kindle Basic the font can be surprisingly good due to the combination of the number of fonts available and the range of size and boldness settings available with the latest firmware. Love to see that firmware available on the old K4/K5 which have basically the same screen resolution but without the capacitive touch layer.
On the 8th Generation Basic I use Palatino at the 2nd Boldness level and 3rd (sometimes the 2nd) font size. I still think the Kindle 4's/Keyboard's font is "crisper" than the 8's, but it probably has something to do with the Palatino font. I'm pretty sure that the 8th Generation has an Infrared touch screen instead of capacitive one.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote